October 25, 2011

nail p0rn

one of my guilty pleasures is sitting here online going through nail blogs. like this one, this one, this one and this one. I could sit here all damn day and drool over nail polish swatches like I'm getting paid to do it. does that make me lame? probably, but I don't give a hoot. I LOVE nail polish. I think it's passed down from my mom. My mom always, I mean ALWAYS had her nails impeccably done when I was a kid. She still to this day always has beautifully kept nails. It's no surprise I have a love for nail polish and beautiful nails.

my favorite nail polish at the moment well, it's been a favorite since I got it, is OPI's Teenage Dream from the Katy Perry collection. It's so SO SO beautiful! omg! I just love it!! (I usually layer it over OPI's Lucky Lucky Lavender) Is that not beautiful? So pink and sparkle-y! gotta love it!


the other day I was at Target and I came across Revlon's Facets of Fuschia nail polish. I put it in my cart, but I dunno why on earth I ever pulled it out and put it back on the shelf. I remember thinking, "oh I'll probably never use this" SIGH! I was having a moment, I guess. I can't even begin to tell you how upset I am at myself about this. I could just kick myself in the rear end! I NEED this nail polish in my life. OMG!  It's a dupe for the Deborah Lippmann Bad romance! I don't even own any Deborah Lippmann (YET) that's just ridiculous, I know! But, hey we are a 1 income, 2 kid family. I can't afford such luxuries. (YET) someday I will have that Revlon nail polish and I WILL own my very own bottle of Deborah Lippmann glitter goodness. So help me god...

here a few pics i pulled from instagram that I've taken over the past couple of months. nail p0rn! yay! lol

6 comments:

  1. Love your bloggie! OMG, now I really want Facets of Fuschia!!! I can't believe you put it back either lol. I really like how you did the leopard one, it looks cool. Did it take a long time to make each nail?

    Here are a few of the ones I follow..
    http://polishchanges.blogspot.com/
    http://chloesnails.blogspot.com/
    http://nailstah.com/

    I also love Teenage Dream :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. it did take a while to do. i had to do it with some toothpicks! lol but it was worth the time, i loved that mani! thanks for commenting and sharing your links!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love, love, love that you're blogging again! And I have to say, I love your leopard/cheetah (don't know which LOL) nails! I have to ask, how in the world do you keep them from chipping?? I can't wash dishes or shower because my whole mani is DONE. I almost want to get a UV light and nail gel so I can set them and they'll last longer. Anyway, *squee* glad you're back!

    ReplyDelete
  4. aww, thank you, Yajaira! I use seche vite top coat and that seems to help my mani's last longer!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm gonna have to get me some. I'd given up on painting my nails because of the chipping LOL :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. No problem sugah! I love how you changed your layout recently! I had no idea they had an IG badge so I snug one too :) Hope you're having a good weekend, xoxo.

    ReplyDelete