October 26, 2011

The toughest job on the planet

Parenting. It is by far, the toughest job on the planet. I wish someone would have warned me beforehand. Thanks A LOT, guys! lol jk! I knew what I was getting myself into, I just didn't realize how tough it was going to be sometimes.

We seem to be having the same issues with Sophia at school. She's just SO social. Which is not a bad thing, you know, at the right times. But, during school she's just such a distraction to herself and to the other students/teachers. We had parent/teachers conferences a few weeks ago and it wasn't good. She's a good girl mind you, she just likes to TALK a lot, while the teacher is talking. We go through this every year. I dunno know what to do anymore. I don't like to spank my kids, only because whenever I do, I end up hurting myself somehow in the process. LOL Because I'm so damn clumsy. So, I try not to spank. I'll threaten the shit out of them with ass whoopin's, but I hardly dish em out anymore.  We tried the groundings. No phone, ipods, ds, tv basically nothing electronic. We've tried the sitting in the corner staring at the wall for a day, the No toys, we've tried it all and NOTHING seems to work.


Well, last week she got in trouble for talking AGAIN! So we told her this is your last chance, if you can't keep your mouth shut during class NO HALLOWEEN FOR YOU. I don't think she took us serious. Especially me. I'm bad with the "oh, she's grounded, but whatevs let's go to walmart/target/chipotle anyway" I guess she thought I'd let her get away with it since I always do. But NOPE. She's seriously NOT going to be able to participate in any Halloween fun because the very next day she couldn't keep her mouth shut in class. =\ I feel bad for her, but at the same time, she brought it on herself. I just don't know how to stop her from being such a distraction in class. And at the conference, her teacher, Mrs. D., said we really need to nip this in the bud now because 3rd graders are notorious for doing some crazy shit come spring. Geezus. And it's reflecting in her grades too, she had 2 A's and the rest were all C's! Ugh.

I just don't know what to do anymore... any advice?

P.S. I can't believe I forgot to mention my Ernie! lol he's a peach. he does great in school and he's sharp as a tack! no talking/problems with him. THANK GOD. He loves to read/write and count! and he does it ALL the time. yay!! he just asked me the other day:

'Mommy, was there MATH in your olden days?'

DA HELL???? bwahahahahahaha.

I said, 'no, sweetheart math wasn't invented until 2004.'

LMAO. he just walked away smirkin', thinking he's all smarter than me. lol

5 comments:

  1. I have no advice well because I have no kiddies but I do know that you might want to consider that it might get worse before it get better with Destiny it seems to be going that way. (UGH!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i know. i'm scared to think how she might be in a few years. Especially after she gets into boys! ugh.

    ReplyDelete
  3. yeah i told her i would go down there if her teacher had to call me and whoop her with one of my chanclas if she didn't straighten out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. First, Ernie is too cute! "Olden days" Buahaha!!!

    And second...don't worry!! This too shall pass! Eenan was OMG, SUCH a chatterbox! Every year it got worse. His teachers had to sit him next to their desk or as close as they possibly could. They'd complain that he was a distraction, or that he was constantly drawing or writing stories. What ended up being the problem was that he'd finish his work and he'd start chitchatting because he was BORED! His teachers finally started understanding now that he's in 7th grade...and give him crosswords or SOMETHING to challenge him/keep him busy when he's done with his work. And most of them--thank GOD--understand that he'll draw and doodle, but he knows exactly what they're talking about all the time (they'll even quiz him, heh). So yes, she'll be FINE! Just tell her teacher to give her something to do!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think that's what it is, she's just bored. It's so frustrating for all of us. I'm gonna go have another conference with her teacher and see what we come up with. Thanks for the advice, yajaira! really appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete